Introduction and General Terms
- what information we may collect about you and how we receive it,
- who we may share this information with,
- how we may use the information we collect about you,
- how long we will hold the information for,
- your rights and how to exercise them, and
- our data security measures.
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies and we therefore urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit when visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information we may collect about you and how we receive it
The information we may collect about you may include:
- contact details including name, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses,
- credit ratings, and
- other personal related data.
We receive most of this information directly from you but some information may be received from credit rating agencies, publicly available sources and other organisations.
Who we may share this information with
We may need to share your information with other advisers and services providers so they can help us meet our legal and contractual obligations or use the information to carry out their legal obligations. The types of organisations we may need to share some of your information with include:
- service providers,
- credit rating, debt collection and similar agencies, and
- government and law enforcement agencies.
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your information without your consent unless required to do so by law.
How we may use the information we collect about you
We will only use your information when the law allows us to do so and most commonly in the following circumstances:
- to perform a contract between you and us,
- to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, and
- in certain limited circumstances with your consent.
If we are processing your data on the basis of your consent you can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the processing of information carried out before consent was withdrawn.
How long we will hold the information for
We will not keep your information any longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all information that is no longer required.
Your rights and how to exercise them
You have certain rights over your personal information and we, as the data controller, are responsible for fulfilling those rights. Some of your rights include:
- to request a copy of the information we hold about you,
- to request correction of any information we hold about you that is inaccurate or out of date, and
- to request the information we hold about you is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain that information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our data security measures
We take data security very seriously and all such information is held on secure servers. We will always comply with the relevant legislation, and we will treat all your personal information as fully confidential. In order to protect your privacy, we take appropriate security measures in the storage and disclosure or personal information so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. However, the internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by data protection laws.